I know a lot of folks have seen the “Bacon Cups” around the internet. Now most of the pictures you see involve a King Muffin Pan and 4 strips of bacon. However, most of us have regular sized Muffin Tins. - So here’s a brief tutorial on making the regular pan and 2 bacon strips :)
1. Cut your bacon strips in half, lengthwise, and “width” wise - not sure what the term is for that lol.
2. Flip your muffin pan upside down cover with foil and mist with cooking spray - make sure your pan has a lip so it can catch the grease.
3. Cross the two “width” strips over the cups.
4. Lift the BOTTOM strips edges over the top.
5. With the bottom edges still up - Wrap one of the “length” strips around the cup.
6. Bring the edges back down over the cup, and wrap the OTHER “length” strip around the cup.
7. Bake at 425 for at least 12 minutes (depending on how crispy you like)
8. Let them cool completely so they can crisp up a little. If you move them while they’re hot, they’ll kind of “limp apart”.
- if any of them don’t come out perfect, don’t worry… no such thing as “failing” this project - they still can be flattened and put on your sandwiches :)